When my brain aneurysm was discovered, I was juggling a demanding job and running a home as a busy mom and wife. There was no time for exercise. Weekends were often spent doing chores. I was rushing through the 'to do list' of life, ticking off each item as I went, from early morning until I finally sat down and took a breath late evening. I was on this treadmill called life and it was not slowing down. Then came the Saudi Arabia WhatsApp Number List aneurysm and I was forced to slow down. I had no choice. I simply could no longer do all the things I used to do at the same pace.The surgery to clip an aneurysm isn't just a one-time event and it has long-term effects. Once the brain is penetrated it's never the same and I get tired quicker than before. The experience made me take stock in order to lead a more balanced life, and to make changes in order to feel normal and healthy again. It was a difficult process as I learned to adapt my lifestyle and to accept the 'new me'. I'm naturally driven and goal oriented, but now that I'm used to my new way of life, I find it richer and more fulfilling than ever before.I get to exercise every day. I have time to prepare meals and not just eat on the go. I have time to pursue my passions like painting and writing. I get to fetch my son from school. I go to bed early and get enough sleep to wake refreshed each morning. I stress less and I get to earn a living on my terms.

This life-changing process taught me a great deal. It's given me a new outlook and Saudi Arabia WhatsApp Number List perspective on life and on what's important. I recognize that health, family and fun are vital aspects and they need time, space and nurture, and it's truly important to slow down and enjoy each day.There is a perception in our society that the longer hours one works the better their work ethic and the more successful someone will be. But research shows that working fewer hours and having life balance gives a person more energy, motivates them more and makes them more productive. It's about working smarter, not longer.Businesses are becoming more flexible as technology allows them to be open to the idea of staff working from home. They're getting leaner with tough economic times and as they seek to outsource the human component to become more efficient, it leads to an opportunity for individuals to decide their hours and working conditions.

The reality for many people, however, is they simply can't just give up their day jobs and make a go of it on their own. Often we are told by inspirational figures who have risked all to follow their dreams and reached great heights of success, to do the same, to go out there and just follow your heart. And when we don't, because of the reality of our situation or Saudi Arabia WhatsApp Number List financial responsibilities, we are then wracked with guilt of a life unloved. But maybe sticking to that job is the right thing to do, especially if you have a family to support.The issue rather is that we don't take the time to experience and appreciate quality in the small things in life, in experiences where we can derive our real joy and fulfillment. The stress of our jobs drain every last bit of energy we have to enjoy our lives and it robs us of quality time with those that are really important to us. We live today where everything is faster and we have more stress. How does stress help a situation? It really doesn't change our situation; it only stops us from seeing and enjoying the good in our lives. We can still lead productive lives and be calm at the same time.