Follow the steps below to manually erase metadata from XLS files.
- First of all; you must go to the "File" menu, select "Info," and then hit the "Check for Issues" icon.
- From the drop-down option, you should pick "Inspect Document".
- After that; you have to check the boxes next to each type of metadata you want to examine, then click "Inspect."
- Then, heck out the Document Inspector dialog box to see the results of the inspection.
- Finally; click the "Remove All" button next to a particular metadata category to delete it from the document.
The manual method is challenging to follow and necessitates technical skill from you.
Use the Metadata Erasure Tool to make the process of removing metadata from XLS and other Excel files easier. It is a simple to use tool that can remove metadata from a variety of Excel files, including XLS, XLSX, XLT, XLTX, and more. Click the provided link to use this tool for free.