QuickBooks error code 6000 is one of the most commonly encountered error code series. This error code is generally accompanied by 3 or 4 more digits -6000, XXXX and also a message stating that the user is unable to open the company file. This error code is generally seen when the user makes an attempt to open the company file. As a consequence of QuickBooks error 6000, the user is not able to open the company file. A few common 6000 series errors include -6144, 304, or -6000, 1076, or 6000, 107 and many others. If you are also facing any such error, then make sure to stay tuned with this blog post. In today’s blog post, we are going to discuss some of the common causes and fixes of 6000 series error codes. However, a quick fix for the same can be to get in touch with our QuickBooks support team via our toll-free number i.e. +1(844)405-0907. Our team of experts and certified QuickBooks professionals will ensure to provide you with the best possible support services in no time.
Causes of QuickBooks error 6000
• Damaged company files
• Multiple users for the company data files
• Incomplete QuickBooks installation
• Inactive server connection
• Company data conversion over internet connectivity
• Security software or the firewall blocking the access to the company file
• Server doesn’t have the right permission to access the company file
Restore backup to fix the issue
If the file doesn’t open up even after being move to another location, then in that case it is recommended to restore a backup copy of the company file to check if the problem is with the present employer file.
• The first step is to verify that the system is not hosting.
• Open the company file
• And then, select utilities option in the file menu
• The next step is to select the stop hosting multi user access icon if listed
• Or else move to the stop hosting multi user access window, followed by hitting the yes icon
• The next step is to click on yes icon after closing the company file.
• The user needs to ensure that the path to the company if not more than 210 characters
• For this, the user needs to visit the location of the company file
• And then copy the path from the address bar at the top
• The next step is to paste it on the notepad and then count the character including the spaces
• Lastly, make another attempt to restore the company file
Read Also: Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 15107
We end this blog post here, with the hope that the information shared in here might be helpful for the user to fix the issue. However, there can be other methods as well, in case the above stated one didn’t work. You can learn those methods by contacting our QuickBooks support team. Just ring up at our toll-free number i.e. +1(844)405-0907, and we will ensure to fix the error for you in the least possible time.